Friday, July 10, 2020

Why I make my students create blogs …

Well, I think everyone can benefit from regular writing practice. And, I do mean everyone.

A blog gives students an opportunity to pick a topic they are interested in writing about and set off to create a collection of posts that would impress a future employer.

I stress this point multiple times. "Your goal is to have a completed blog that shows a future employer you have some skills."

You can showcase writing, organization, search engine optimization, writing to a specific audience and technical ability.

Podcasts help students practice delivering short audio messages. Speeches without the stage fright. And, the technology is free and available to all to do both.

So, welcome to MM199, let's get blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment