Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcome Fall 2012

Yikes! There are 47 of you (as of 4:01 p.m. Sunday afternoon) and (gulp) one of me.

I will be reading 47 blogs, listening to at least 47 podcasts and grading each and every assignment I create 47 times (at least I am hoping you all do your homework).

At any rate, Media Bootcamp is all about helping you help yourself. Some of you can do some required tasks with your eyes closed (great, you are all now appointed assistants), so I encourage you to find ways to take your projects/assignments to the next level. Some of you are still a little afraid of the technology on your laptops, and it's beyond time to get over that. If you have decided to hate technology and all its trappings, I can assure you this class will be miserable. Instead, I say open your mind a bit and get ready to explore.

My goals for this class are as follows …

1. Help you create a plan to navigate your professional development now and into the future

2. To share with you evidence of the fundamental shift in communication and how that impacts you

3. To help you see beyond the personal use of the social tools you are likely already using (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Blogger, Google, and on and on and on)

Welcome to MM199. Pay attention. There are two separate classes going on. Section A is the face-to-face and section VA is the online section. We will, however, mingle via our course blog on Word Press, my blog and your individual blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment